Two months ago, I completed a goal-setting workshop with a client who had faced challenges with their health, career, relationship, and finances over the last twelve months. As we moved through the session, one of the biggest goals they identified was to buy their first home. Over the weekend they messaged to let me know the cooling off period had just finished on their new home and they are move in during the first week of December. They literally hadn’t even been to open homes yet when we first did our session!
Life can change this quickly. Which gets me so excited! I used to remind my Grandma every time we spoke “You Never Know What Today Is Going To Bring” (and I made sure to remind her of this, making the trip to Melbourne to turn up on her doorstep unannounced!) There is a very real benefit to embracing this aspect of life in the OPTIMISM that it bring.
If you want to take advantage of the potential for rapid change, then Goal Setting is where you start. Not just in your professional life, but in your personal life as well. Below is a 60-second quick quiz that will give you an indication of how likely you are currently to succeed in your goals… Curious?
Select A, B, or C for each question:
Clarity of Vision: A. I have a crystal-clear vision of my goals. B. I have a general idea of what I want to achieve. C. I'm not sure what my goals are. Commitment Level: A. I am fully committed to making my goals a reality. B. I'm committed but sometimes get sidetracked. C. I struggle to stay committed. Mindset Matters: A. I believe in my ability to achieve my goals. B. I have moments of doubt but try to stay positive. C. Negative thoughts often derail my efforts. Planning and Execution: A. I have a well-thought-out plan and take consistent action. B. I plan but struggle with consistent execution. C. I often find myself overwhelmed and unsure where to start. Embracing Challenges: A. Challenges motivate me to work harder. B. I face challenges but sometimes feel discouraged. C. Challenges often lead to abandonment of my goals.
Scoring: Mostly A's: You're on the right track! Discover how to enhance your approach. Mostly B's: Solid effort, with room for growth. Learn how to overcome hurdles. Mostly C's: It's time for a mindset shift. Uncover the secrets to goal-setting success.
So what are some easy ways you can improve your likelihood of success?
1. Visualization: Painting Your Success Canvas Visualize your goals as if they've already been achieved. Feel the emotions, see the details, and experience the success. This practice not only clarifies your vision but also programs your mind for success. One of the secret keys here is alignment... which is something we get into in our coaching sessions :)
2. Goal Mapping: A Blueprint for Success Create a visual roadmap for your goals. Break them down into smaller, manageable tasks. This not only provides direction but also instills a sense of accomplishment as you complete each step.
3. Mindset Mastery: Conquer the Inner Game Identify and challenge limiting beliefs that hinder your progress. Replace them with empowering beliefs that fuel your journey. Remember, your mind is your most powerful ally. Learn how to channel stress and nerves into excitement and focus - it’s something actors are adept at doing and something that during my time acting and performing that I was taught to do.
4. Celebrate Milestones: Small Wins, Big Impact Acknowledge and celebrate every milestone, no matter how small. These celebrations mark your progress and reinforce positive behaviors, creating a cycle of success.
5. Actionable Steps: Turning Dreams into Reality Translate your goals into actionable steps. Consistent, deliberate actions build momentum and bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
You may have heard it said that ‘Your passion is for you, but your purpose is for others.’ As you create a holistic life of intent, remember that your achievements ripple far beyond yourself.
Here is to a week of continued evolution, growth - and most importantly, continuing to become the very best version of yourself. May your actions be guided to create the life you envision.